Fatal Roadside Encounter: Rock Hill Woman Killed in Self-Defense Shooting, Girlfriend Charged with Murder

Rock Hill, S. C. – A tragic incident occurred Wednesday afternoon in Rock Hill when a local woman was fatally shot by a coworker in what authorities have described as a self-defense act. The woman’s girlfriend has been charged with murder in connection to the confrontation that led to the deadly outcome.

The altercation took place around 3 p.m. on Riverwalk Parkway near Cel-River Road, when 39-year-old Samarian Lindsay, after a dispute, entered her girlfriend’s vehicle. It was at this chaotic juncture that Brittney Reed, 32, positioned their car to block a male coworker’s vehicle, which police indicate was a calculated act to provoke a confrontation.

According to the Rock Hill Police Department, in an attempt to escalate the situation further, Lindsay approached the coworker’s vehicle from the passenger side, armed with a firearm. In a quick sequence of high tension, the coworker retrieved his own gun and fired multiple shots, striking Lindsay several times in the chest.

Following the shooting, Reed physically attacked the man by punching him in the face, according to officials. Lindsay was quickly transported to Piedmont Medical Center, where she succumbed to her injuries.

The police investigation supported the coworker’s claim that his use of the firearm was a necessary act of self-defense. Consequently, he will not face charges related to the shooting.

Further inquiries into the incident revealed that Reed had provided the firearm to Lindsay, fully aware that it would be used to threaten or harm the coworker. Based on these findings, authorities have charged Reed with murder and assault and battery, acknowledging her role in initiating the fatal sequence of events.

Two firearms were retrieved at the scene of the incident, and officials mentioned that the ongoing investigation would include an autopsy and toxicology reports to further understand the circumstances leading to this fatal confrontation.

This incident underscores the complexities and dangers of personal disputes escalating to violence, particularly when firearms are involved. The legal outcomes not only highlight the importance of self-defense laws but also reflect on the responsibilities individuals hold when choosing to engage in confrontations that may lead to irreversible consequences.